Parish House

Posted by
Don (Spokane, United States) on 1 June 2010 in Architecture.

The Parish House sits on a hill and seems on top of the world on this foggy day. After being burnt down, it was rebuilt in 1887. It is a two-story building, the upstairs used for sleeping quarters, and the downstairs for daily activities. It contains a smaller chapel, mostly used for daily mass.

Old Mission State Park is a state park and National Historic Landmark in northern Idaho. It is also known as Cataldo Mission. It contains the church itself, the parish house, and the surrounding property. Cataldo Mission is the oldest standing building in Idaho.