The present St. Aloysius church was dedicated October 12, 1911. It has the largest seating capacity among Catholic churches in Spokane, able to accommodate 1,100 worshippers. The church, which replaced an original wooden structure, was designed by the architectural firm of Preusse & Zittle of Spokane. An adapted Romanesque style, its many rounded arches and graceful circular features help to soften construction lines. The church, begun in 1909, took almost exactly two years to build at a cost of $176,125.